STIM300 is a small, tactical grade, low weight, high performance non-GPS aided Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU). It contains 3 highly accurate MEMS gyros, 3 high stability accelerometers and 3 inclinometers. The IMU is factory calibrated and compensated over its entire operating temperature range.
STIM300 is a cost-effective ITAR free solution for systems that only had FOGs as an alternative when reaching for the performance level of that STIM300 can offer.
- Weight: <0,12 lbs (<55g)
- Volume: <2,2 cu. in. (35cm3)
- ITAR free
- Insensitive to magnetic fields
- Solid state - high reliability
- Low gyro bias instability (0.3°/h)
- Continuous self-diagnostics
- Low gyro noise (0.15°/√h)
- ±10g acceleration input range
- Low accelerometer bias instability (0.05mg)
- 3 inclinometers for accurate leveling
- Compensated digital output, RS422
- Customer configurable output format, sampling rate and filter settings
Each axis is factory calibrated for bias, sensitivity and compensated for temperature effects to provide high-accuracy measurements. The IMU runs off a single 5 V supply and communicates through a standard RS422 interface. For advanced users, STIM300 may be put in Service Mode. In this mode all the configuration parameters can be intermediately or permanently changed by overwriting the current settings in the flash memory. Service Mode also provides the ability to perform single measurements, perform diagnostics and obtain a higher detail in the status byte. The STIM evaluation tool offer easy measurement and configuration access for STIM gyro modules and IMUs. The tool supports data sampling at alternative rates, graphical data presentation and data log to file for up to two gyro modules/IMUs in parallel. RS422 interface for PCI or USB, necessary cabling and PC software is included in the evaluation tool.
|Range gyro||±400||°/s||Other ranges available on request|
|Range Accelerometer||±10||g||Optional ranges: ±5g, ±30g, ±80g|
|Data Output||Digital||24 bit||RS422|
|Angular random walk||0.15||°/√h|